Posted on June 7, 2016
Why Google ordered 100 2017 Chrysler Pacifica from FCA?
In a move that didn’t surprise many driverless technology visionaries, Google just ordered one hundred 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivans to develop its self-driving technology with. The deal has enormous potential for both parties. The completely new multi-passenger Pacifica lends itself well to autonomous driving fleets of the future, and anyone looking ahead can imagine how well suited its plug-in hybrid capability, advanced powertrain and spacious flexibility are to Google.
A New Tech Automotive Leader is Born
To be associated with the high-tech giant has brought Fiat Chrysler increased stature and visibility as a technological leader in the automotive industry. Kelley Blue Book’s executive editorial director Jack R. Nerad indicates the move helps Google as well as Fiat Chrysler. “The Google deal puts a special sheen to FCA, which is looking for a partner to increase its visibly and capability in tech,” he said. “For Google, the fact the Pacifica is a plug-in hybrid is an advantage. It’s keeping in line with Google’s image. Picking a brand new plug-in hybrid make sense.”
The Star Power Associated with a Chrysler Pacifica Seth Meyers Commercial
But it’s a different kind of visibility from a different source that’s also increased Fiat Chrysler’s special star power. In a 2016 The Secret Life of Pets commercial, “Late Night” host Seth Meyers utilizes a Chrysler Pacifica's vacuum to clean a mess his dog made while going through a bag of potato chips.
Large families in Mississauga and everywhere love all the features that a minivan can offer. It’s not only great for providing resale value, but it’s spacious flexibility make travel easy for families. When the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was unveiled this year at the Detroit Auto Show, the press was understandably impressed with its free-feeling, comfortable interior and safety features. Car & Driver immediately donned the vehicle with 5 stars for great safety, generous storage and ample power.
A Minivan Gets Reinvented: The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica’s Brand New Design is What Caught Google’s Eye
It’s not hard to see why the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was picked by Google, since it’s loaded with innovative features that no other minivan has. With rising competition from Toyota, Honda and Kia recently, Chrysler has become an innovative giant in its own right to keep its market share. The biggest thing Chrysler did with the new Pacifica is reinvent the minivan.
There are many reasons why Google picked the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica to work with. A forward-thinking automotive leader and a technology now lead the way in the development of self-driving technology.
Here is a breakdown of some of the new Chrysler Pacifica features that make it stand out:
• Not only does the 2017 Pacifica give a wonderfully peaceful and roomy ride, it is also the most aerodynamic minivan on the market. Its frame is made of the strongest steel and aluminum, and its chassis was strengthened. A full 250 pounds was also shed in its redesign.
• You can set up the navigation exactly as you like it in the new Chrysler Pacifica. Vehicle status, active safety guidance, and turn-by-turn navigation guidance available in the Pacifica’s advanced driver aids. The full-colour 7-inch display screen is user-friendly and easy to read. As well, new “KeySense” technology is available for parents that promotes safe driving habits to family members, with options to limit speed, reduce audio volume, or mute audio until seat belts get buckled.
• The Chrysler Pacifica is leading the way in autonomous driving of minivans, and has available parallel and perpendicular parking assist, forward collision warning, brake assist, lane departure warnings, and rear park assist with auto stop.
• The available hybrid drivetrain enables the 2017 Pacifica to provide drivers 30 miles of electric travel. The 16-kWh lithium-ion battery can be recharged by any 240-volt source, and is also easily packed under the floor of the second-row seats. When the electric power runs out, the V6 engine will continue delivering regular internal combustion power seamlessly.
• The Uconnect entertainment system in the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica comes in three versions. The most advanced level includes an 8.4-inch display screen for the front and two 10-inch touchscreens for the rear of the vehicle. Every passenger can be kept satisfied and entertained with the connectivity options; each screen can be paired with headphones, tablets and mobile phones easily.
• All audio systems in the Pacifica have noise-cancelling technology, and there are three available audio options. The mid-level Alpine system comes with 13 speakers with 12 channels and a 506-watt sound system, and the top featured system includes Harman Kardon sound with 20 speakers as well as 12 channels and a Class-D amplifier.
• Connectivity is no problem with the all-new Pacifica, and in addition to rolling wifi there are optional additional services such as a YELP +11.49% search feature, emailed destinations to the minivan’s navigation system, 911 emergency assistance, remote lock/unlock and start, and voice texting. If you are a SiriusXM subscriber you also have access to information about movies, sports, traffic, weather and fuel prices.
• Mississauga drivers are already familiar with Chrysler’s innovative second-row seats that completely disappear into the floor, and with the ever-convenient 2017 Pacifica these seats can now be made to vanish with power-operated buttons.
• The Chrysler Pacifica’s advanced drivetrain comes with a 3.6-litre V6 engine that’s efficient and powerful, providing 287 horsepower, 262 lb-ft of torque and 28 highway mpg.
• Modern comforts and conveniences are always appreciated by families of all sizes, and standard LED interior lighting, a rear hatch that’s hands-free, ventilated seats, sliding doors that open with the swipe of your foot underneath the minivan, a tri-pane sunroof and capless fuel nozzle can all be yours with the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.