How Much Does a Dodge Ram Weigh?
Ram 1500 weighs between 4,798lbs and 5,374 lbs curb weight before loading. It has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of between 6,800 and 7,100 lbs. What is the difference between curb weight and gross weight you ask? An excellent question.
The curb weight of a vehicle doesn’t include passengers, additional equipment, or towing weight. The gross vehicle weight rating is the maximum amount of weight you can safely have in the vehicle, including the vehicle weight, passengers and cargo and the tongue weight—the amount of weight a trailer places on a hitch. This is how all the trim weights break down:
- RAM 1500 Tradesman – Between 4,798 lbs and 5,227 lbs
- RAM 1500 Big Horn – Between 4,891 lbs and 5,160 lbs
- RAM 1500 Laramie – Between 4,891 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- RAM 1500 Rebel – Between 4,971 lbs and 5,374 lbs
- RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn – Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- RAM 1500 Limited – Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
- RAM 1500 Tradesman – Between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs
- RAM 1500 Big Horn – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- RAM 1500 Laramie – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- RAM 1500 Rebel – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- RAM 1500 Longhorn – 6,900 lbs
- RAM 1500 Limited – 6,900 lbs
Looking for financing?
We’ve got your financing covered here at Team Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. Give us a call at 905-819-0001 in Mississauga or fill out an application online at Application.